The Sylvan Lake Rec Hockey Association is a family-oriented organization, which believes that all youth should have the opportunity to play non-contact hockey in a fun and supportive environment.
The SLRHA will provide a positive experience for youth and their families.
1. The focus of all SLRHA events will be to ensure all involved will have a fun and safe experience.
2. This is a no-hit league, and therefore any body contact or rough play will not be tolerated.
3. Families will be encouraged to be involved throughout the hockey season.
4. This league is open to male and female athletes regardless of ability or previous hockey experience.
5. Games and practices will be held at reasonable hours of the day.
6. Hockey skills, team play and good sportsmanship are key to a safe and rewarding season, and continually developed by volunteer coaches and officials.
7. There will be generally one session per week; however other optional activities may be made available for those wish to participate.
8. All players, coaches and game officials will be treated with respect. We are a zero tolerance league. Violence, abuse or the use of drugs and alcohol will be dealt with appropriately.
SLRHA is for male and female athletes from 5 to 17 years of age.
Full equipment is required for all players. In addition to a hockey stick and good fitting skates, required equipment includes a helmet (CSA approved), shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, hockey gloves, athletic support, shin pads, hockey socks and a BNQ certified neck guard. Team jerseys will be loaned for the season and must be returned at the end of the season.
Officiating and Coaching
Coaches and referees will be volunteers and will be people who appreciate the recreational purpose of SLRHA, and agree with its Mission Statement, Vision and Core Principles. All coaches working with our youth will require RCMP criminal record checks.
Sylvan Lake Rec Hockey Asociation is always looking for volunteers. Parents are encouraged to help out whenever possible. Remember that this is your league.